Friday 3 December 2010

It's Christmas.. nearly

Except I am still working. My dissertation draft is in. I am writing it on Facebook and its effect on identity. I don't really know why we obsessively use this site?... Like, why do people think anyone cares what they have to say? What goes through our heads when we type in the little white box on Facebook, do we think, oh good this will get me attention. Do we consider anyone will see it? I honestly don't know, but this is making me begin to question my own use of Facebook.

I've looked into voyeurism and exhibitionism. It's made me realise how social voyeurism is WEIRDDD!! Why do we find ourselves searching through another's life, perving at their holiday pictures and intimate conversations. Why do we consider this our business?... on the counter argument, why do we spread this across the internet for others to see? Why not hold these conversations in the private domain?

It's all VERY weird... and I literally have wrote 15,000 words and I could keep going and going....

For now, i'll leave you to question your Facebook use.



No comments:

Post a Comment